Wednesday, August 11, 2010

WIWW a touch of fall


Somehow outfit pictures have not happened this month. I haven't been shopping for the fall yet. I am kinda denying that September is nearing.

But I went grocery shopping with my little princess and we happened to peek at the clothes. There were tons of cute fall things, it *almost* made me crave that crisp fall air, and wearing socks. But not quite. I am still happily getting dressed late and never wearing socks and real shoes. I actually bent my toenail back (ouch) today because I was playing soccer barefoot in the backyard with the boys.

So here is one outfit I wore this weekend when it rained...
Ruffle blouse - Joe Fresh (from said grocery shopping trip)
Trouser jeans - Banana Republic outlet
Tan flats and a grey purse (not shown)

Close-up of me makeup less and in between work shifts (ie- no sleep)
I am pretty sure this outfit needs one more thing. Just don't know what that is. I actually sat down and "researched" a bit before we left the house. Check out Jill's suggestions on this guest post(and her blog 'the good life for less' too) and this post from sensibly styled. I am open to suggestions.

And on to the fall tops. I bought both of these because I felt they could be straight out of the J Crew catalogue. And sure enough a quick search when I got home showed almost the exact 2 tops on there website. Mine were less than 30$ combined. Not my usual style but I thought I would try it out for that price.

This is cream and grey striped with little buttons on the shoulders.
Shirt - Joe Fresh
Photography - my 6 yr old (the ones by the 4 yr old are too blurry!)

This white ruffled one I have seen in tons of blogs. I picture myself wearing it under a jacket or cardi in the fall.

That's all I got this time. Linking up to What I wore Wednesday over at the Pleated Poppy!

3 comments:

  1. Great basics! That ruffly shirt will look great under a suit jacket, like you said. I love the header on your blog - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your ruffle top...it is very stylish!! Thanks for sharing your wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete